SERVICE & ILS
Service, Quality and Relationship
Our specific service and support capabilities, as well as our ILS portfolio, are fully oriented to your wishes and requirements. This includes detailed testing and examination of defective devices, repairs, the latest
updates and upgrades, and much more. For every one of our products. Because even the best technology is of little use if it is not backed up by equally excellent service. Over the entire product life cycle. This reliability creates confidence, and that often leads to long-term partnerships.
Fill out online form
Use our online form to submit your RMA request. The form will guide you through all the questions and will be forwarded directly to our service team.
Download our RMA-Sheet as a PDF. Please fill out all the required information and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Optimal advice and checks create security and form the basis for every procurement. That’s why you can test all our devices extensively – live and in action – on your own ground. Conveniently in-house or in a specific mission simulation. Of course, we will also gladly advise you on life cycle cost calculation. This gives you a clear view of all costs over the entire product life cycle.
- Field demonstration
- Customer visit with demo devices
- Test on firing range or exercise area
- Independent target measurements in simulated mission scenarios
- Life cycle cost calculation
- Total cost of ownership
- Cost capping models
- Extended warranty up to 10 years
Precision in the user interface as well
The performance of a device depends primarily on quick and reliable operation by the user. That’s why our service portfolio includes comprehensive user training for all of our products. This includes more than just deployment: to enable users to perform minor maintenance and repairs on site, we can also offer instruction for your staff on service and repair of worn parts.
- Instruction and user training
- Maintenance and repair training at the worn parts level
- Spare parts, catalog, requirements planning
- Tools and test equipment
- Test equipment for checking operational fitness
- Tools for repairs as required
- Tools for inspection and testing
- Simulators and user apps
- PC-based simulator
- Simulator-based initial training
For perfectly coordinated processes, we help you with the comprehensive integration of our devices into your particular system environment. No matter if it requires specialized hardware or software. As additional services, we offer the storage of spare parts (Customer Owned Stock), logistics support and much more.
- Customer specific modification
- Software Options
- Interface Protocols
- Warranty extensions up to 10 years from the date of sale
- Upgrades (HW and/or SW)
- Spare parts
- Guaranteed availabilty up to 10 years from the date of sale
- Logistics support for our partners
We can tailor our extensive program and logistics support entirely to your specific requirements. That means you always have support aligned to your needs for every procurement. On request, we can also put that in writing in the form of a service level agreement.
- Train-the-trainer sessions
- Integrated logistics support
- Repair tracking and reporting
- Status reports on:
- failure rates, frequency of repair, repair costs, turn-around times, etc.
- Spare parts stock for minimum delivery times
- Assured availability of level 1 – 3 spare parts
- Repair costs by group
- Level of repair analysis (LORA):
- Level 1: Parts replacement without tools
- Level 2: Parts replacement with standard tools
- Level 3: Parts replacement with special tools and/or measuring devices with equipment opened
- Various manuals
Safeguarding is a life-saver
The mission is completed. The equipment goes back to the depot. To ensure that every device is again ready for deployment, a functional check is necessary before it is put back in stock. For this, we offer our customers detailed training courses and procedures for quick and reliable operational fitness checks.
- Training of depot staff or users in procedures that enable an 80 % performance check without special test equipment
- Specific training manuals describing these procedures
- Ensuring that the devices work properly and are ready for the next mission
Suitable replacement devices on stock
To ensure that you are never caught short, we can provide immediately available replacement devices from a local device pool. That gives you access to a suitable device at all times, precisely matched to your mission.
- Calculated failure rates per mission profile
- Customer-specific replacement stock
- Exactly the same settings, functions and features
- High security of availability
- Individual billing or fixed repair pricing
The right expertise
It’s often the little things that impair device functionality. If you need on-site repairs in such cases, we offer you a suitable setup aligned to local conditions, along with specific tools, test equipment and training.
- Basic training for staff
- Understanding the functions
- Training for levels 1 – 3
- On-site support
- Repairs and refurbishments
- Maintenance and calibration
- Special tools and test equipment for level 3 repairs
- Well developed optronics service skills
- for local added value and independence
Tools and training for testing
Quick and above all complete device testing is rarely possible without suitable tools. We therefore provide you with the tools necessary for testing your devices for unconditional and exact operational fitness. Depending on the device portfolio, we give your staff precisely targeted training so that all technologies and systems can be deployed optimally on every mission. And of course in your language.
- Function-oriented tools for testing the following:
- Laser rangefinder (LRF)
- Thermal imager (TI) channel
- Night vision tube (I2 tube)
- Seals (leakage)
- Calibration service for these tools
- Depot staff training
- MRC tool manual
Our devices are long-lived. Technical standards, by contrast, are usually not. Furthermore, the key functions at the time of procurement are often not the same as what is needed later. Or advances in technology open the door to new applications. That is why we offer suitable updates for your devices – according to your needs, your budget and your wishes. Hardware or software, specific or general. As you want and as you need.
- Software options: fall of shot, PLRG/DAGR, target coordinates calculation, etc.
- Hardware upgrades: STERNA/GL adapters, embedded BT, next-generation I2 tube, improved rangefinder modules, beam enhancers, etc.
We give you the best possible warranty
Trust is good. Safeguarding is even better. To cover all the eventualities, we also offer an optional comprehensive warranty. We are there to assist you with all questions related to enhanced coverage and cost optimization.
- Comprehensive warranty
- Forceful damage outside the foreseen scope of use
- Warranty duration:
- Up to 7 years
- Up to 10 years for devices without TI or I2 tube
- Extensions are optionally possible
For a long service life
Short life has never been a hallmark of Vectronix, which is why we offer a manufacturer’s service warranty for every device as well as guaranteed spare parts availability for ten years. And on top of that, custom solutions. That way you can be sure that your devices will still be doing their jobs accurately after many years.
- Notification of pending phase-out
- Option for last buys
- On request:
- Customer-owned stock for a dedicated period
- Occasional special offers
Fixed repair pricing for accurate budgeting
To ensure that you always have a clear view of your costs and can budget reliably, we offer fixed prices for the usual standard repairs – which cover about 90 % of all repair cases. That saves you from unpleasant surprises.
- Repair prices per device family
- Graduated to various repair levels
- Cover about 90 % of all commonly occurring repair cases
Our reliable process
Request by phone or directly via our website
After confirmation of the RMA, the goods can be sent and tracked with the issued RMA number
Sending a list of received goods for confirmation and checking
Cleaning and checking the received goods as a basis for a quotation
Costing the quotation according to specific templates, taking into account any relevant ILS packages
The goods will be repaired according to the offer and prepared for the next mission
Sending the goods back to the customer with the return notification
A COMPANY IS ONLY AS GOOD AS ITS SERVICE.
At Safran Vectronix we take our good reputation seriously because comprehensive service is essential for robustness and reliability in use. Cooperative and foresightful service that recognizes the needs and strict requirements of our customers.
For us, it is not enough to sell first-class devices for observation and location. The whole picture is what counts, and that includes comprehensive service and integrated logistics support. For example, additional features for your devices. Or checking your devices after tough missions and repairing them if necessary. And of course extensive instruction and training so you can get the most out of your devices on every mission.
Many of our customers gladly use our services and ILS capabilities worldwide, because that is the only way to ensure unrestricted ability in all situations. Experience shows that tailoring our services to the needs and device portfolio of the customer concerned optimizes the operational performance of our devices. There’s a good reason why we export over 95 % of our products to more than 60 % of all countries worldwide. These and other statistics speak for themselves.
Safran Vectronix AG
Max Schmidheiny-Strasse 202, 9435 Heerbrugg, Schweiz